Pilates Foundation Teachers are passionate about providing the highest level of teaching to the clients they serve, maintaining continued professional development and promoting the intergrity of the method amongst the public.
This passion for the Pilates Method drives our organisation
Most candidates for Pilates Foundation Teacher complete extensive training with a Pilates Foundation Accredited Teacher Trainer Provider. For information on accredited Pilates Foundation Teacher Trainings, click here.
We now welcome Pilates Teachers trained outside to apply for membership as a Pilates Foundation Teacher
Teachers trained outside an accredited Pilates Foundation course may apply to join the organisation as a Teacher by meeting requrements including a minimum 450 hours formal Pilates teacher training and five years teaching experience.
Pilates Foundation Teachers enjoy the following benefits:
- Certification as Full Members of the UK's premier Pilates Teachers' Association
- Right to promotion as a 'Pilates Foundation Teacher'
- Rights of assocication, trademark use and voting rights in organisation
- Personal member profile listing on the PF website, where we promote your teaching and classes to the public
- Priority access to the Pilates Foundation Workshop Programme, including a 30% discount on PF sponsored events
- Access to our image bank of quality professional photos for self-promotion
- Negotiated discounts with equipment and apparel suppliers
- Access to free & discounted Teachers' events
- Access to group liability insurance with Balen's Ltd
- Comprehensively trained teachers are eligible for registration in the NHS Complementary Health Therapist Association database
- Peer support and networking opportunities through our exclusive online community and regional member groups.
- Opportunities for professional development and promotion as workshop presenters
- Discount on the Pilates Instructor Marketing Kit
Terms of Full Membership:
- All Pilates Foundation Teachers must successfully complete final assessment criteria for entry into the organisation as Full Members.
- Complete and log annual CPD standards.
- Maintain liability insurance and first aid certification.
- Membership is renewed annually in June.
Annual membership fee £225