Training< Back to Events
Bodywise Pilates - SALISBURYMatwork
Time: 06th Jan 2023 2:30pm - 28th Jan 2024 12:00am
Venue: Volpoint House, Blakey Road, Salisbury, Wiltshire , SP1 2JG
Course Director: Leila Coppock
The Pilates Matwork Teacher-Training Programme that we run at Bodywise Pilates is a one-year part-time course involving at least 500 hours of study time in total. The course runs every Friday from 2:30 – 6pm, as well as one full weekend per month (Saturdays from 10am – 6pm and Sundays from 10am – 5pm) and all lectures / classes take place at Bodywise Pilates centre in Salisbury. There will be 11 weekends and around 35 Fridays in total.
- · The next course starts on 6th January 2023. Final exams will take place in January 2024.
In addition to these lectures and classes (totalling over 250 hours), students will also be required to log at least 250 hours of self-study and self-practice (including a 10-week case study, homework tasks, observation and assisting qualified teachers, etc.). Final exams include a 3-hour theory paper and a 1-hour practical exam, which will take place in January 2024.
The course costs £3,750 if paid in advance, or £4,125 when paid in 11 monthly instalments of £375 per month. If you are successful at interview, a non-refundable deposit of £375 must be paid by 6th December 2022, as confirmation of your commitment to the course (this is your first instalment, if you are paying in instalments).
- · Course fees include all taught lectures and classes, the Pilates Foundation Matwork Handbook, and the one-day Emergency First Aid at Work course (EFAW). Course fees do NOT include PF membership, student insurance, examination fees, attendance in classes or workshops outside of the curriculum, or books and other resources / equipment.
- · PF Student membership costs £126 for the year, and student insurance through Balens costs £19. The PF examination fee is currently £195.
- · The history and development of the Pilates method, and Pilates principles and fundamentals
- · Pilates repertory, both classical and evolved (with adaptations, creative variations, “Pre-Pilates” repertory, and the use of small equipment)
- · Natural movement / functional movement patterns
- · Human anatomy / physiology and biomechanics
- · Static and dynamic postural analysis
- · Pilates class planning / objectives
- · Teaching methodology
- · Manual (“hands-on”) facilitation and the use of imagery to enhance somatic understanding
- · Injury / pathology, remedial applications and rehabilitation (overview)
- · Pre- and post-natal Pilates (overview)
- · Complimentary therapies, referral, and self-care as a teacher
- · One-day Emergency First Aid at Work qualification (EFAW)
There will be no more than 8 students accepted onto the course in 2023. Applicants must have at least one year of experience attending Pilates classes (50 hours minimum), or at least 6 months of experience with a Pilates Foundation teacher (25 hours minimum). Applicants will be expected to submit our application form along with their CV and may then be invited to attend a 1-1 class and a short interview. Applicants must demonstrate a serious commitment to the course, and must be highly motivated in order to complete the necessary self-study at home, and to achieve the high standard required by the Pilates Foundation.
For more detailed information about the course content / dates, or for an application form, please contact Bodywise Pilates:
01722 349 848