Training< Back to Events
Precision Pilates MAT WORK Teacher Training 2019 LondonMatwork
Time: 01st Sep 2019 9:00am -
Venue: 61B South Parade, Chiswick, LONDON, W4 5LG
Course Director: Sasha Caddell
Pilates Foundation Accredited Mat work Teacher Training
Course Director Sasha Caddell with guest lecturers
Course Dates: September 2019 - October 2020
Contact Hours: Wednesday evenings 5.30pm—8.30pm plus one weekend per month
Prerequisites: Completed application, interview, 25 Mat work classes and 5 studio based classes within 6 months prior to course commencement.
LEARNING OUTCOMES By the end of the course students will be able to:
- Demonstrate knowledge of the Pilates Method exercise repertoire including adaptations and application for specific needs.
- Demonstrate a sound knowledge of the anatomy of the body and the ability to recognise, through postural and movement analysis, what exercises would be of benefit to an individual client to realign and balance their body.
- Demonstrate ability to effectively teach (including demonstration) the exercises to clients of varying ages and capabilities.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the basic principles of other professional disciplines and complimentary approaches to health and fitness.
- Demonstrate ability to communicate clearly and to teach with an evident understanding of a client’s learning process and development.
- Work unsupervised as a Pilates Foundation Matwork Teacher in group and one-to-one settings.
- Offer Pilates Matwork classes at a beginners, intermediate and advanced level.
- Provide baseline assessments and progressive programming specific to the needs of the client.
- Understand how to adapt classes with specialist populations including pregnancy, elderly and common issues.
- Understand anatomy and physiology in relation to Pilates.
- Understand basic elements of rehabilitation and contraindications of pathologies relating to different parts of the body.
- Understand health, safety and welfare in relation to delivery of safe Pilates classes.
- Understand the history and Fundamentals of Pilates.
- Understand the history of the Pilates Foundation and the workings of the organisation.
- Understand the examination process.
- History and development of the Pilates Method: principles, classical and evolved Matwork repertoire
- Human anatomy and physiology, growth, development and healing
- Postural assessment, movement analysis and bio-mechanical thinking
- Teaching methods, listening and observational skills
- General application for pregnancy and rehabilitation: theory and practical,
complementary therapies, professional referrals
- Client care, business set-up and management
There is a strong practical element to the course delivery as grounding the work in a teacher's body is the most powerful route to understanding and teaching the Pilates Method. There is a large component of reading, writing and home study in addition to the required course delivery hours so self-motivation and passion for Pilates is a must!
Theoretical and practical sessions will be delivered over 10 intensive weekends (Saturday/ Sunday), 25+ weekday evenings (Wednesdays). The course is based at the Precision Pilates Studio Chiswick, London, W4 5LG. Throughout the training the student is supported by the Course Tutors, peers and the Pilates Foundation.
All components are compulsory. By the end of the course students must successfully:
Complete 50 hours observation and assisted teaching.
Complete 50 hours of personal Pilates practice.
Complete written course work of two case studies (5 and 10 sessions).
Undergo a practical assessment teaching a small group Mat work class.
Sit a three-hour written theory paper set and administered by the Pilates Foundation.
Course Fee £4200 payable by deposit and instalments. Fees discount to £4000 if paid in full at course registration. Once the course has begun, all fees are payable in full.
FOR FUTHER DETAILED INFORMATION PLEASE CONTACT SASHA CADDELL
PH: 07525 071177 or email email@example.com