Training< Back to Events
Precision Pilates - LONDONComprehensive
Time: 06th Jun 2020 10:00am - 06th Jun 2020 5:00pm
Venue: 61B South Parade, Chiswick , W4 5LG
Course Director: Sasha McLennan
- Pilates Foundation Accredited Comprehensive Teacher Training
- Course Director: Sasha Caddell with various guest lecturers
- Course Dates: June 2020 - June 2022 (breaks for Christmas & Summer are factored in)
- Contact Hours: Weekday 2pm - 5.30pm & additional studio shared classes (not included in fee) plus 1 weekend / month
- Studio Address : 61B South Parade, Chiswick W4 5LG
- Prerequisites: Completed application, interview, 50 apparatus classes within 6 months prior to course commencement.
• Understand the Pilates Foundation examination process
- There is a strong practical element to the course delivery as grounding the work in a teacher's body is the most powerful route to understanding and teaching the Pilates Method. There is a large component of reading, writing and home study in addition to the required course delivery hours so self-motivation and passion for Pilates is a must!
- Theoretical and practical sessions will be delivered evenings and then intensive weekends Saturday 09.30-17.30 & Sunday 10.00-17.00)
- Students must be able to commit to participation in all sessions (barring unforeseen circumstances)
- Throughout the training the student is supported by the Course Tutor, peers and the Pilates Foundation
Comprehensive Hours Requirement : 1000-1200 hours (16 month min course delivery)
250 Practical Training
Supervised Teaching: Observation and Assisting
20 - 50 Matwork (at the discretion of the TTP)
250 - 400 Studio (at the discretion of the TTP)
300 Self Study
You will be assessed by 2 PF Examiners (1 first marker – 1 second marker) provided by the Pilates Foundation. Both Examiners will assess to the same standard.
- Case Study One : One postural 10 lesson duration
- Case Study Two : One remedial 10 lesson duration
- 3-hour Theory Examination : Theory examinations are paper and pen format, questions vary in format (short answers and bullet points) and last 3 hours. Candidates with ESOL or SEN are allowed an extra 30 minutes to complete the theory examination.
Theory Examination Categories (with average section weightings):
Anatomy and Applied Anatomy (25%)
Pilates Principles, Teaching Fundamentals and History (15%)
Health and Safety, Good Professional Practice (15%)
Understanding of Teaching Skills (including Repertoire, Application and Modification) (25%)
Working with Specialist Populations (20%)
Practical Components (including a Viva – 15 minute duration)
You will be assessed by an Internal Examiner (usually your TTP) and an External Examiner provided by the Pilates Foundation. Both Examiners will assess to the same standard.
- One Hour Private Client
- One Hour Group session (with no less than 3 clients - 30 minutes will be observed and marked by the examiners)
- 70% - Practical
- 60% - Theory Examination Case Study and VIVA
- Upon successful course completion, graduates will receive a certificate of completion and be eligible to join the Pilates Foundation as full members. Becoming a Pilates Foundation Teacher entails ongoing membership throughout your teaching career
- Pilates Foundation Teachers are a true sign of excellence in the Pilates world
For further information and to make an application call Sasha on 07525 071177