"If your spine is inflexibly stiff at 30, you are old. If it is completely flexible at 60, you are young." - Joseph Pilates
Poor posture and alignment (how our body parts function in relation to each other) and imbalanced muscular tensions (from habit or injury) are corrected by performing specific, controlled movements under the watchful eye of a qualified Pilates Teacher.
Pilates can help you:
- Improve your posture, health and overall fitness
- Reach specific physical goals and challenge your athletic ability
- Rehabilitate after injury, surgery or illness
- Return your body to movement
- Expand your body awareness
- Develop trust in your body's abilities
- Look better, feel better, live better
- Live a happier, more-fulfilling life
Pilates aids in the rehabilitation of many specialised conditions including: Pregnancy, Sports Injuries, Spinal Conditions and Disc Issues, Hip & Knee Replacement, MS, Parkinson’s, RSI.
Based upon an anatomical understanding of the body's muscular and skeletal systems, the Pilates Foundation Teacher creates a comprehensive exercise programme specific to each client. This ensures sessions are effective in helping clients meet their physical and rehabilitation goals.
"A few well designed movements, properly performed in a balanced sequence are worth hours of doing sloppy exercise or forced contortion" - Joseph Pilates
Why not speak to a Pilates Foundation Teacher to discuss how Pilates can help you? To find a teacher in your area click here.