Data Protection Policy
The Pilates Foundation embrace all that the internet offers and protecting privacy plays a key role in our digital communications.
- Are secure and protects user's privacy
- Provides users with accurate, transparent and current information about how use of our Websites impacts on privacy
- Gives users choice about the information we store and how it is used.
Keeping your personal information safe
Your privacy and that of your personal information are protected in the UK by the Data Protection Act 1998. This provides that the information which we hold about you:
- Should be processed fairly and lawfully
- Should be accurate, relevant and not excessive
- Should not be retained for longer than is necessary
- Should be kept up to date, if applicable.
Collection of personal information
We only collect personal information from you, such as your name, address, telephone number and email address, when you expressly submit this information to us by:
- Registering with our Website
- Completing a contact form
- Sending us emails.
Please do not submit your personal information to us if you do not wish us to collect it.
Use of your personal information
Any personal information you give us will be used only for the express purpose for which it was intended, including:
- Carrying out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into by you and us
- Verifying your identity
- Seeking your views or comments on the services we provide
- Notifying you of changes to our services
- Improving our services
- Marketing purposes
- Sending you communications that you have requested and may be of interest to you.
We will not sell, share, or rent this information to third parties, unless we have your express permission to do so, or we are required to do so by law, for example, by a court order or for the purposes of prevention of fraud or other crime.
Storage of your personal information
All personal information that you provide to us will be stored securely on our database, in accord with the Data Protection Act 1998.
Use of third party services
When we use a data services company to analyse data on our behalf, in order for us to tailor future marketing campaigns effectively, such companies will be registered under the Data Protection Act and will handle your data appropriately. We only provide any such companies with the personal details that they may require in order to deliver the service back to us. They are prohibited from using the information we provide them for any other purpose. We will ensure that anyone to whom we pass your details for this reason are legally bound to treat it with the same level of protection we are obliged to provide.
Transfer of your personal information
Accessing your personal information
You are entitled to ask us in writing, by letter or e-mail, what details of yours are being held or processed, for what purpose and to whom they may be or have been disclosed. We may charge a fee to respond to such a request, as there will be associated administrative expenses incurred in doing so.
We will respond to your written request within 40 days of receiving it if no fee is chargeable. If a fee is chargeable, we will respond within 40 days of receiving the fee as long as we have also received your written request. In certain limited circumstances we are entitled to refuse your request. If you believe that any of your personal details, which we are processing, are inaccurate or incorrect please contact us immediately.
The cookies we use
The cookies the Pilates Foundation use are an integral part of how our Websites works and enable us to provide a better online experience for our Website visitors. Importantly, cookies enable our users to set accessibility preferences on our Website without having to register or log in.
We also use Google Analytics cookies, which collect anonymous information, such as how many people visit our Websites, which web pages they visit and how long they visit for. Google kindly offer the Google Analytics service free of charge and the information we collect is invaluable for making our Website the best it can be.
- continue to use our Websites without cookies, on the understanding of the limitations this may place on functionality, or;
- not use our Websites and delete any cookies we may have set once you have left our Website.
Privacy and other technologies
Although the Pilates Foundation only use first-party cookies, there are other technologies used to store data on your computer or mobile device to track behaviour. Some of the existing and emerging technologies include:
- Flash cookies (FlashLocallyStoredObjects)
- Web beacons
- HTML5 storage
- Web/DOM storage
- Indexed Database API
- Local data storage in mobile applications
One more thing
At present, there are no mechanisms that ensure total anonymity on the Internet. Disabling cookies and using DNT will not prevent you from being trackable, as the following data remains available:
- Your IP Address
- The timezone your device is set to
- Your preferences, such as screen resolution and colour depth
- The fonts installed on your device
- Which browser you are using and on what device
- What browser extensions and plugins are installed on your device
- Whether your browser accepts cookies or not